Carbonara is a classic among Italian pasta recipes. In my recipe it is reinterpreted. My vegan fennel carbonara is very creamy, quick and easy to make. Try one of my favorite perennial favorites!
All-Time Favorite: Vegan Fennel Carbonara
I have always loved the creamy texture, salty component of spaghetti carbonara. Preferably with lots of freshly ground pepper on top.
I’ve tried a few plant-based variations on this classic, and today I’d like to share one with you. Everyone in our family loves the fennel carbonara. For kids, it’s best to slice the fennel really thin and small. Steam the fennel only on low so that it also retains all its flavor and nutrients.
Fennel: a power vegetable with many health benefits.
Fennel is a popular spice plant that not only has a distinctive flavor, but also offers a wealth of beneficial health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C and also contains minerals that are crucial for the human body.
Fennel is a good source of fiber, which regulates the digestive system and helps lower cholesterol levels. It is also packed with important antioxidants that can help prevent disease. In addition, it is rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps keep high blood pressure and heart disease under control.
There are many different ways to incorporate fennel into your diet. You can chop it in salads or use it as an ingredient in soups or stews. It’s also popular as a seasoning – whether chopped small or ground – to add even more flavor to vegetable dishes. Or, as in this dish, to spice up a sauce!
For people with sensitive stomachs, eating fennel can be especially helpful: it relieves heartburn and indigestion and helps improve bowel movements. Since it has no side effects, it’s a great natural alternative to medication for those who suffer from this problem.
For those with sensitive stomachs, fennel offers a natural way to relieve heartburn and indigestion, thus helping to improve bowel movements as well – with no side effects! It is also rich in vitamin C and other minerals, as well as fiber and antioxidants – which means that fennel is a perfect vegetable for any health-conscious diet!
Creamy Fennel CarbonaraCourse: Noodles, Fennel, Sauce, pastaDifficulty: Easy
Creamy fennel carbonara with spaghetti. Super quick to make and very tasty.
2 Cloves of Garlic
200 ml Vegan cream
3 Tbsp. Vegan butter
- Boil water for the pasta. When the water boils, add salt and the spaghetti. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Cut the fennel in half and remove the stalk. Save the greens from the fennel for later. And slice the fennel into thin wedges.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of vegan butter in a pan and add the fennel. Saute the fennel for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onions, 1/2 tsp chili flakes and the garlic. Saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooking cream, a little water from the spaghetti and 1/2 tsp pepper to the vegetables in the pan. Cook the sauce until the fennel is soft. About 5-8 minutes.
- Stir the hot pasta into the sauce. Garnish everything with freshly ground pepper and the fennel greens.