A perfect burger also includes a perfect burger bun! May I introduce: My vegan brioche burger buns. This recipe is super easy and the burger buns are much better than store-bought. Trust me!
Brioche burger buns contain eggs and milk. In my recipe, I show you how to make fluffy brioche burger buns vegan easily too.
The main ingredients for soft brioche burger buns are flour and milk. Warm the plant milk to lukewarm. I use oat milk, but you can use any plant milk. The milk must not get too hot. When the plant milk is lukewarm, add the vegan butter, sugar and yeast. Stir until the vegan butter has melted.
Mix the salt into the flour and then add the milk and yeast mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir or knead the dough until all the flour is combined. Now it’s bedtime! Let the dough rest for at least two hours.
By now, your dough should have about doubled in size. Now divide the dough into 8 equal sized pieces and shape them into burger buns. Now let them rest again for about 20 minutes.
For the shine of the vegan brioche burger buns, brush the dough with plant milk and then sprinkle sesame seeds on the buns. Now bake them for about 20 minutes until golden brown. For more vegan burger ideas, check out this link: Click!
Brioche Burger BunsCourse: lunch, dinnerDifficulty: easy
1lb / 500g flour
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
350ml Plant Milk
2 Tbsp. Vegan Butter
25oz / 7g Yeast
- Warm the vegetable milk to lukewarm. (it must not become too hot).
- Add the vegan butter, sugar and yeast to the milk. Stir until the butter has melted.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour.
- Stir the mixture until a smooth dough is formed.
- Let the dough rest covered for at least 2 hours.
- Form 8 burger buns from the dough. Let the burger buns rest for another 20 minutes.
- Brush the dough with plant milk.
- Optional: Sprinkle sesame seeds on the dough.
- Bake the burger buns at 200ºC for about 20 minutes until golden brown.