Every weekend a cake is baked at our home. It just has to be! For this Sunday I have chosen a vegan cherry hazelnut cake. The base is super moist and the cherry cream just delicious.
Many always think that vegan baking is super complicated. But that’s not true! There are so many great alternatives for eggs that you can use. In my category vegan basics you can find more information.
In this cake, the eggs are replaced by soy yogurt and Aqua Faba. The whipped Aqua Faba also makes the cake nice and fluffy. Aqua Faba is the soaking liquid of chickpeas. You can whip it just like egg whites and then use it just like that. For example, you can also use Aqua Faba for delicious chocolate mousse.
For the cake, mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another, mix together the wet ingredients (except the chickpea liquid) until the sugar and butter mixture is fluffy. Then mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Whip the Aqua Faba and fold it into the dough mixture.
Now you can pour the batter into a greased springform pan. Top with the cherries and your cake is ready to bake.
In the meantime, mix the ingredients for the cherry cream. When the cake is baked and cooled down, you can spread the cherry cream on your cake. I have sprinkled my vegan cherry hazelnut cake with additional hazelnut brittle. What is your favorite cake?
Cherry Hazelnut CakeCourse: dessert, cakeDifficulty: easy
2.5 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
1/8 Cup Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Hazelnut Butter
1 Cup Soy Yogurt
1.5 Cup Plant Milk
1 Cup Vegan Butter
1 Cup Chickpea Liquid (Aqua Faba)
2 Cups Cherries
- Cherry Cream
1 Cup Cherry Juice
1 Cup vegan Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix sugar, plant milk, soy yogurt, vegan butter and hazelnut butter together. Whip them until fluffy.
- Stir the sugar butter mixture into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter is the result.
- Beat the chickpea liquid (Aqua Faba) until stiff.
- Fold the Aqua Faba into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a springform pan.
- Put the cherries on top.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes at 175ºC.
- Cherry Whipping Cream
- Boil the cherry juice with agar agar and then let the juice cool.
- Beat vegan whipped cream.
- Mix the cooled juice with the cream and spread the mixture over the cake.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.