You love wraps and burritos? Then you’ll love this vegan durum with minced tofu! The perfect healthy vegan lunch. And best of all, it’s ready in 15 minutes!
A durum is a filled yufka dough. The dough is made from wheat flour. If you don’t have durum in the house, you can use a flour tortilla (burrito) instead.
The filling of my durum is healthy, filling and full of proteins. It’s the perfect lunch snack! If you want to know more about protein in a vegan diet, be sure to download my free guide to plant-based proteins!
First, you’ll need a solid block of tofu. Mix it with almonds, sunflower seeds, and spices to make a coarse paste. The texture should resemble ground beef. You can also use walnuts instead of almonds or pumpkin seeds instead of sunflower seeds.
Then fry the tofu mixture together with a chopped red onion and oil on medium heat. The tofu should be nice and brown at the end. This can take up to 10 minutes.
While the tofu is frying, you can prepare the other items for your vegan durum with minced tofu. For the perfect sauce, you’ll need vegan mayo (find the recipe here), parsley, chili sauce, and garlic.
Then, of course, a perfect durum needs fresh vegetables! This will also give you that extra vitamin boost. I opted for cucumber, lettuce and red cabbage.
Once the tofu mixture is brown, mix it with chopped tomatoes. Now you’re ready to fill your durum! First smear the dough with the sauce, then put the tofu on top and then the vegetables. Roll up the dumpling tightly. I always roast it briefly in the pan, so it gets nice and brown and is warmed up a bit.
Vegan Durum with minced Tofu: The perfect lunch for the office
The durum is also very good to take to the office. If you’ve tried my recipe, feel free to write me in the comments how you liked it!
5 Cups Lettuce
3 Cups Red Cabbage
2 Big Tomatoes
- Minced Tofu
1 Firm Tofu Block
1 Red Onion
1/4 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Cup vegan Mayo
1 tsp. Chili Soße
1/3 Cup Parsley
1 grated Garlic Clove
- Grind all the ingredients for the minced tofu in a blender (except for the red onion).
- Mince the onion into small pieces.
- Fry the shredded tofu and onion with oil in a pan until brown. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- During this time, chop the vegetables. The red cabbage and lettuce into thin strips. The cucumber is cut into small cubes.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together. You can adjust the amount of chili sauce to your needs.
- When everything is prepared, take your Durum. Spread the sauce in the middle and put all the other ingredients on top. Roll up the Durum tightly and roast it briefly in a pan without oil.