Craving a sweet snack that’s also filling? Then my vegan stewed apple crepes are just what you need! They are super easy and quick to make. In my recipe you get the basic recipe for vegan crepes. You can adjust the filling to your liking: Hearty or Sweet. Depending on what you’re in the mood for!
As an egg substitute, I mix some chickpea flour with plant milk. You can also use a mashed ripe banana or some applesauce as an alternative. But note: If you want to make a hearty crepe, I advise you to use chickpea flour, because the applesauce and banana will make the batter sweeter.
Then whisk all the ingredients for the crepe together until you have a fluid, smooth batter. Put some batter in a coated pan and spread it thinly. Bake the crepe briefly on both sides.
For the stewed apples, cut two large apples into small pieces. Boil them together with some water in a pot until soft. For the spice mixture, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. Add the spice mix to the softly cooked apples. Let the stewed apples continue to simmer until the water has reduced.
Fill the vegan crepes with the stewed apple and roll them up. I topped my crepes with almond paste and slivered almonds.
You can also fill your crepe with this: Vegan Chocolate Spread, Vegan Garlic Cream Cheese or Chickpea Salad. These vegan crepes also make a great Meal Prep. So bake a few more right away, save them in the fridge, and be creative with the filling!
Vegan Stewed Apples Crêpes
2.5 Cups flour
2 cups plant milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch sugar
1 Tbsp. chickpea flour
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Stewed apples
2 large apples (or 4 small ones)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Mix the chickpea flour with some vegetable milk and stir until smooth.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the crepe with the chickpea mixture to form a liquid batter.
- Bake the crepes in a non-stick pan. Pour some batter into the pan and spread the batter thinly. Turn the crepe once.
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.
- Boil the chopped apples with the water in a pot. Let the compote simmer on low heat until the apples are soft.
- Add the spice mixture to the apples and continue simmering until the water has reduced.